Residence Group Real Estate and Management company has opened a new office in Pomorie - 40 Prof. Stoyanov Str, next to Reiffeisen Bank
40 Prof. Stoyanov Str, Pomorie, Bulgaria
Tel/Fax: +359 596 2 30 13
Mob: +359 878 57 11 62
Mob: +359 878 57 11 63
This site in Bulgarian  This site in English  This site in Russian  

Property search by


Tickets online


Weather in Bulgaria


 About Pomorie


Pomorie is maybe one of the oldest towns in Bulgaria. It is located on a rocky peninsula on the road between the coastal city of Burgas and the resort of Sunny Beach.

Pomorie came in existence in the 5th century BC under the name of Anhialo. Initially it served as a Greek colony of Sozopol, although it was inhabited mainly by Thracians.   According to historians the name means ‘place close to a salty lake.’ Others believe it means ‘place close to water.’ The second version gave birth to the current name of the town in 1934.

Its perfect location nearby some key roads predetermines Anhialo as a prosperous town, while the closeness of the salt lake defines its population main craft – salt production. Fishing – the other ancient occupation is also influenced by the closeness of the sea, while wine-growing is inherited by the Bakhus`s pilgrims, although it can`t be said for sure if they were local traki tribes or Hellen colonists. 

Over the centuries Anhialo acted as one of the major Black Sea coastal cities. Its rival for this central position was the Greek colony of Mesambria (current day Nessebar), also located in the region.

During the Roman period, Anhialo prospered the most. After the Roman Empire accepted Christianity as its religion, the town became a religious center and started minting its own coins. The main occupations of its residents during the centuries remain salt-production, fishing, wine-growing and trade. The traditions were passed over the centuries and today Pomorie is a place where some of the finest Bulgarian wines are produced.

During the Middle Ages warriors from Bulgaria and the Byzantine Empire fought fiercely for control over Anhialo.

Anhialo often changed its state belonging. The river of Aheloi, located nearby, witnessed a historic battle between the troops of the Bulgarian king Simeon the Great and the Byzantine emperor Lion Foka. Bulgarians ended the battle in victory, while the Byzantine emperor barely survived.

The Ottoman rule over Bulgarian territories saw the town as a major trade and culture center. Apart from wine and salt production, Pomorie became well known for its healing mud.

A witness of many great battles in its surrounding areas repeatedly fired and set up again during its 25 century history, Pomorie hides in its soil memories of the Roman, Byzantine, Crusader, Greek and Turk attacks. 

The name of Pomorie was introduced in 1934. This was when the town started developing as a tourism center. Many visitors from Bulgaria and abroad visited it to benefit from the healing power of salt lake mud. Today Pomorie is still one of the major spa centers in the county, as well as an excellent place for summer holidays.

Pomorie’s shoreline features some good beaches excellent for swimming, yachting and scuba-diving. A number of protected areas are located close to the town. Among these are Blatno Kokiche, Koriata and Pomorie’s lake, used for salt production.

This part of heaven at the Black Sea Coast, combining the romance and coziness of the cobbled streets and the seaside boulevards intrinsic only to the small towns, have long ago turned Pomorie into a desired place for holiday and wellness tourism. 

Some of its unique historical and cultural monuments today are:

- Municipal Museum and Galery

- Museum of Salt

- Ancient Thracian beehive tomb (3rd century AD) - Antique Trakian tomb  (Heroon) - is an architectural monument from (II c. AD) and has a world significance. This is an unique place situated in gardens which are 500m South from camp "Evropa". The monument is open for visit during the summer period.

- Traditional 19th-century wooden houses (Old Town)

- Church of the Birth of the Most Holy Mother of God (1890)

- Church of the Transfiguration of God (1765)

- St George's Monastery (1856) - functioning monastery, a monument of Medieval architecture in which icons are kept from XVIII and XIX century